Strengthening Guildford’s future through its past
We are the Guildford Heritage Forum, made up of groups and individuals promoting Guildford through the celebration of its past. Join Us!
- We take part in major heritage events
- Help develop our understanding of Guildford’s past through research and publications
- We campaign for the preservation and sensitive development of the historic environment
- Support the Council’s plans to refresh the museum and other heritage sites
- Build links between heritage attractions across the borough
Together we aim to:
- Promote Guildford town centre and the borough as a destination
- Support education
- Enhance community life
- Celebrate the history of all Guildfordians
- Utilise local talent
- Use technology to engage broader audiences
Guildford has a rich history, fine heritage attractions and many active amenity groups. Sites like the Guildford Past and Present Facebook page the Guildford Dragon, and Surrey Heritage already do a great deal for local heritage. The role of the Guildford Heri
The Guildford Heritage Forum was started in 2015 by a group of people concerned about the future of Guildford Museum. A devastating fire had also just destroyed Clandon House and demand for housing was posing a challenge to preservation of the town’s historic character. The need to understand what makes Guildford special had never been more acute.
Groups and individuals who have been involved in the Guildford Heritage Forum include the/ Surrey Archaeological Society, The Guildford Society, Friends of Guildford Museum, the Guildford Town Guides, local historians, teachers, museum specialists, architects and many more.
Some of the groups associated with the forum also organise the annual Heritage Open Weekend each September in conjunction with Guildford Borough Council.
To stay in touch follow this website or leave a comment and join our mailing list. Click here to contact us or comment